Diaspora voting for Iraqi 2018 parliamentary elections
Iraqi citizens who can prove their eligibility to vote in the upcoming Iraqi parliamentary elections will be able to do so May 10-11, from 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM at designated polling stations. Each voter must be 18 years of age and an Iraqi citizen, and must present two formal documents, with one of the documents an Iraqi Official Document, that shows the voter's eligibility and one showing which candidate and province they are eligible to vote for.
For more information, please contact Barzan Ardalan firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click for polling station addresses - English and Kurdish
Click for an informational flyer in English // Kurdish // Arabic
In order to prove eligibility, each voter must present one of the following:
Iraqi Primary Documents;
- National Unified Card.
- Iraqi passport.
- Civil Status ID.
- Certificate of Iraqi Nationality.
- The Iraqi Census Book of 1957 (It should come with a photograph)
- The electronic biometric card, that should come with a photograph.
- Iraqi driver's license
Iraqi Secondary Documents;
- An electronic voter card that does not contain an image.
- Ration card.
- Iraqi Resident Card (can be considered as a primary document for the head of the
- family only).
- The electronic registration form for the registration of Iraqi voters abroad.
Foreign Secondary Documents;
- UN refugee card (UNHCR)
- Certification of the International Red Cross, or International Red Crescent
- Driver's License of the resident state.
- Green Card (Permanent Residence ID)
- Passport of the country of residence.
- Iraqi Birth Certificate, that issued by the Iraqi embassies with another secondary
- Certificate of graduation from foreign universities to be certified by the Ministry of
- Foreign Affairs (The same original copy).
- Asylum seeking document for Iraqis abroad (issued by country of residence).
- White Residence Card